Thursday, December 4, 2014

UH! Oh!

The national viewed case of the murder of Travis Alexander was horrific and tragic.  But why did it get so much national attention?  I believe that it received such attention because it was the epitome of a classic modern American scenario.  There is a break up and one party can’t get over the other and goes into crazy mode.  Not that the person is necessarily crazy but love makes people do crazy things.  I feel like almost everyone has been through that scenario by the time we are 25.  Only the thing about the Jodi Areas trial is that she actually went through with her crazy emotions that she couldn’t control.  To everyone else those urges feel uncontrollable but really they are.  This isn’t the case with Jodi.  She went through with what everyone else has thought about.  Jodi Areas is the ultimate crazy stalker bitch.  Personally I don’t think that she should have been put on a national pedestal like she was though.  Although she did commit a murder she didn’t deserve all that social torture to go along with all the mental disorders that she had already acquired.  It is not like every time there is a murder the whole world knows about it.  Hell she got more air time then Ray Lewis ever got for killing somebody.  Then again there is a part of me that also believes she deserves what she got.  She could have, at any point in their relationship, made the choice to cut all ties and rid her entire life of the enormous burden that followed.  I hate to say this but I also feel that there may be some girls out there who look at Jodi as an Idol.  They may say “Hell yeah! She went through with it!”  or “I wish I had the strength to stand up for myself like she did.” 

1 comment:

  1. Matthew,
    Great job on your blog post! It was very detailed and you have a really good opinion about everything that I could not agree more with 100%, I agree that she probably should not have gotten all the media attention but, I do feel that she did get what she deserved. She let her emotions control her which in turn, made her murder someone. If people looked at her as an idol, well, they shouldn't now because what she did was wrong and no one wants to end up like that right? Again, great job on your post! I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete