Friday, November 7, 2014

An Easy Get Away

We all have our own fantasies and escapes to forget reality. Life is full of stress and bad things. As humans we can only deal with so much negativity until we get depressed and  lose control. People create escapes from stress by doing things that they enjoy and find pleasure in doing. Some people develop hobbies, others watch movies, read, listen to music, or write. We all have different ways of how we can create our escapes but I believe we all have similar reasons why we create fantasies. We all need to get away. We want to forget about our current lives and our mistakes of the past.

For me personally, I use movies and TV shows as an escape from my everyday stresses. Something about seeing how much more messed up someone else's life is, gives me hope for my own. Even though some of these shows are not based on true stories, it could be possible for someone to experience. Although I use this as an escape from my own life it also makes me accept my own reality. At certain points in time we all feel sorry for ourselves and think that our lives can't get any worse. However, when I get involved with a new series and see potentially how much worse my life could be, I  feel grateful fro what I have and know that I can move past the little obstacles that are put in front of me every day.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that seeing things in movies that are worse makes me feel better about my life as well, seems kind of odd but it works. I like to relax and just slip away from all the things happening in my life.

    ReplyDelete