Friday, November 7, 2014

Escape from Reality.

     I believe that people relate to stories set in fantasy worlds that have no immediate connection to real life through emotions. They become emotionally invested in the story and relate to the characters. A story can be set in another world or a fantasy world but the characters are what really tell the story. The characters share the same emotions and possibly some of the same experiences that we can relate to, causing you to become emotionally invested in the story.
      I especially like stories like Harry Potter. While reading these books my imagination is peaked and I get into the story picturing the characters and the settings. It is such a great way to get away from reality. I love my reality, but I also like using my imagination and becoming part of a story. It is fulfilling and relaxing. It doesn't matter where the story is set because you can always imagine it. It's the characters and their emotions that draw you in and help you relate to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment