Friday, November 7, 2014

Isn't it all about escaping?


I am one of those people who truly love watching movies and television shows and making those characters a part of my weekly life. I have 3 or 4 different shows that I really get in to and my emotions usually get the best of me when watching these shows. I feel all types of emotions along the whole spectrum. Part of the reason I get so into these shows is because I am able to escape reality for a while and put myself in a different position that maybe I have never been in before. I know it sounds ridiculous, but when I do this, I am able to handle different real life situations better just from being so involved in a scene or a scenario in a show. After watching different shows and really getting involved in them, I also feel like the characters are my friends in a really weird kind of way. I watch “Once Upon a Time” religiously, and I really get into the show. Part of the reason behind it is because I love that the hero is a female character who doesn’t take crap from anybody or anything. I am the opposite of that. When she is fighting the enemy or saving the people in her life, I want to be able to relate to her and feel that type of strength, which I do when I watch her. I think that being able to relate to fantasy shows allows people to get a different sense of themselves and to escape a place that basically everybody complains about.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! I too have watched "Once Upon A Time" for a little bit and I totally understand your reasoning behind the main character. She is definitely a tough cookie but still a loving person which is what I wish I could be. I have been told that I have "no back bone" and "can't really stand up for myself". Which is almost 80% true depending on the situation. I'm just the kind of person that can be stepped on a million times before I finally say something. And when I do say something it's in the nicest way possible. I would love to stand up for myself and not accept being taken advantage of. I would kill to be Emma Swan. This is why I think we love to live different lives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good post i enjoyed it and i also believe its about escaping reality and just venturing out into being someone else for a change and how you would be if you were that person

    ReplyDelete