Friday, November 7, 2014

The thought of Living Your Fantasy

Many people inject themselves right into the middle of the characters story in certain films as well as television shows and i believe that the reason being is because in real life their are certain restrictions that limit you to do alot of the things in your fantasies. Many people will love to live a lavish life just as well as many people would love to be a hero or to have powers, there are real life heroes such as fire fighters but this is not the type of hero people fantasize about being. I believe people relate to stories in fantasy because the thought of being able to do those things impacts a part of human nature which makes us want to be able to do the impossible. This can actually directly correlate to an earlier blog where we discussed why do people want to find out about the unknown and what is it about our nature that makes us want to do this. I feel its the same with why people relate to fantasy, ever since a kid alot of people want to just be able to live a fantasy world and i dont think that actually ever goes away, i think as we get older we just have real life issues so it gets pushed more to the back. Speaking of personal experience I tend to put myself in the place of alot of characters in movies and just think what i would have done differently or how i would be in that role.

2 comments:

  1. Harold,
    I also think it is very easy for people to put themselves into a story and pretend to be the characters because they get to do things they normally wouldn't. Our imaginations run wild as children and it's a good thing that some people still have an imagination as adults, although it may not be as active. It's okay to pretend to live in a fantasy once in a while because of the issues adults have to deal with on a day to day basis. It's not hard to pretend to be a character when you're watching a movie or even reading a book. It's easy to get caught up in a fantasy because it's a break from reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find reading a book is really the only way I can put myself into a fantasy cause I plug my ear bugs in throw on some jazz or classical and read away and can not hear the back ground noise happening in my house. I think anyone with kids can relate to back ground noise really taking away from truly relaxing how they might do so.

    ReplyDelete