Friday, November 7, 2014

Escape to Fantasy

I find that a lot of people tend to read and/or watch fantasy so that they can have an escape from the reality that they live in. Although I think that not everyone takes part in fantasy for that reason. I for example enjoy to watch and read fantasy books because i like to picture the scenes and the people in the books and use my imagination. I do enjoy just being able to create my own scene and just making my own twist on the author's story. As for watching fantasy I believe it is mostly just being able to focus on something other than what is happening in the real world. Being able to just sit there and watch something not related to regular day life is just nice. Sometimes being able to just relax and not having to think about all the stresses of what has been happening or what has happened that day helps people deal with everything that happens in life. I think the reason people relate to them is because they like to believe that their life can be as adventurous as the movies and books that they fantasies about all the time. It may not have anything to do with their real lives but they want the escape of believing that there is something else out there and they have the chance to find that spot and just be there. Over all I believe that people do not think that it has any connection to their immediate lives but they just want an escape from their real lives. 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your post. Fantasy is so much fun to imagine. It is also extremely relaxing to sit and watch a fantasy. It makes you smile and feel good. It's a short escape from reality that helps you recharge for your real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you in that people use this to get away from our daily lives. I know I've done this several times. More so watching things that reading but both are super relevant. It's so satisfying after a long day to just sit down and indulge in something that has nothing to do with your actual life.

    ReplyDelete