Thursday, November 6, 2014

Empowering Ourselves


When I was growing up, I used to dream of living in this fairy tale world. In My world, I dream of being on this island where I’m in control of everything. I dream of being a princess where I have servants working for me. Often, I tried living my fantasy into reality, but it doesn’t always turn out right. I sometime won’t do any of my house chaos that was assigned to me by my mother.  When my mother asked as to why I didn’t do what I was supposed to do I give accuses. My accused to her was that I was a princess therefore I didn’t have to work and ofcourse I got punished for it. Now as a young adult, I fantasize on being the owner of a big hospital and owning other properties. In this world of mine, I travel around the world in my own private plane. When I’m not traveling, I’m relaxing and having fun time.
People relate to stories set in fantasy worlds that have no immediate connection to real life for many reasons. Frist of all we know that this life is not possible to live in the real world, so people used these fantasy to empower themselves. By living in this world you feel that you are in control of the things around you.  You are the dictator to what goes on and you have the final saying. The feelings of building your own world is nothing compared to real life. People enjoy creating their own rules and living the life how they want without being judge by other people.  People want to be able to run 100 miles/hr. without being pull over by police but this is not possible in a real world. In fantasy world is where dream come true for most people.

3 comments:

  1. Dreaming and fantasy is a very important aspect. I often wish I was in a mythical world where there are great adventures and fun. Something like Star Wars is interesting because it is so new and different. These universes are great forums for possibilities; however, it makes me wonder what these characters want. Would they want a world like our own? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog post was very interesting. When I was a little girl, I did the exact same thing you did. I had always dreamed of being a princess and owning my own castle, I think the only reason that I dreamed that when I was little is because I watched princess movies all the time like, Cinderella. However, like you said, it can't possibly happen in the real world. Everyone dreams of a fantasy that they wish to have someday, but probably will never have because it can't happen in reality. However, that doesn't mean you can't dream about them. Some dreams can come true for some people like you said, others can't. It's how life is at the moment, life isn't always gonna be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you stated its about control. Whether we all realize it or not we do like control. Life truly does not give us full control, there is always someone above us governing us. With fantasy we get to make the rules. If you look at it from a psychology standpoint control is very much a part of fantasizing.

    ReplyDelete