Thursday, September 11, 2014

Find Your Way


     In my Typography class we were talking about WayFinders. It is basically when you go to an unfamiliar place and you are trying to find your way around, so you look for signs or maps to help you get around. So my professor had us go around campus and find indicators like this was our first time on campus and also if Mansfield University is reasonable for pedestrians and also people in wheel chairs. So after class I went around campus and took some pictures of sign and roads. I thought this project was very interesting because this is my third year at Mansfield University and I am just realizing that our campus does not have very good indicators. We have signs outside every building, but they are all the same color and typeface so the sign helps, but not as much. We also have a lot of stairs, so for those that are in wheel chairs it can be very difficult to get around. Mansfield is also very hilly, so those in wheel chairs if they have to go down a hill it can be very dangerous. We do have a shuttle that can get people around, but then you have to figure out what time the shuttle comes around and have to make sure you will not be late for class. There is also a map of the whole campus, but it has not been updated since 2010 and Mansfield University has done a lot of changes since then.  Also if you are out at night and need to find your way back the sign do not light up as much so it can be a little difficult to see at night. When it was my first year here I had someone that knew the campus show me around before I had class; but for those people that do not know anyone and do not know where they are going, can have a hard time finding their way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment