Friday, September 12, 2014

The Juggling Act

This semester so far I have noticed that most of my classes are layering the assignments, Meaning that each class i am taking have at least two projects going on at one time. I have five classes over all this semester and three of them are in class and two are online. The three in class, classes are studio classed because i am a Graphic Design major. I do find that it helps balance time management and will help juggle projects and work loads when I enter the work force. As of right now I have about 7 projects going on and more to start up next week. This along with being a student worker and having another part time job and also trying to have family and friend time is a rough start to my semester. I have found ways to help me with my time management and my agenda helps me a lot to plan out my schedule and work time and homework times for the weeks to come. Over all it feels as though my professors think they are my only class, even though I know the multiple projects are just helping me in the long run for time management and handling the stresses of multiple things happening in life.

1 comment:

  1. This is like freshmen year all over again for me. I too had a lot of problems with this sort of thing being a GD as well. The stressful annoyance of having multiple projects at once is very challenging to deal with. Having to change mindset for each new thing can really take a toll on your brain. One of the biggest ways that I overcame this is just not stressing out too much. I am not a very stressful person because I feel stress is dumb when you can easily focus on the problem and plan out a solution. I have my plan and I know you probably have one as well so I know we can do it we just have to push past the junk to get to it. I also try to balance everything and not put too much on my plate. I don’t like to think about the future because it hasn't happened yet. Though it is great to save yourself some flak in the long run I feel it is waste to lose the little time we have as students. Once life hit its going to be looking back at what we did when we were in school. And i don’t wish to have that all cluttered with stuff I didn't want to do.

    ReplyDelete