Friday, September 12, 2014

Harry Potter

Like many other students in this class I was very excited to see that we would be able to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. When I was younger and the books first came out I was not a huge Harry Potter fan as some others were, however now that I am reading the book once again I seem to enjoy it more for one reason or another. While reading I had noticed that characters were either extrovert or introvert, however I did not think to much about that fact and kept on reading. It was not until later that I put more thought into things and also read a fellow student's post that I realized certain characters tended to be introvert while others tended to be extrovert. Harry and his friends seem to be introvert for the most part and seek things within themselves while the extrovert characters went to outside sources to try to find what they were looking for. I have never been one to look into what I am reading a great degree while I am actually reading it. I often look back on things after the fact and attempt to decipher what it is that has happened and why. I do not know that J.K Rowling sat down and listed which characters he wanted to be introvert and extrovert, but I am sure that he at least entertained the thought of having a mixture of each throughout his writing. Being a writer at such a high level does not often come without intentionally doing such things to some degree.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, J.K. Rowling is a female. However, we would not know this without looking at the back cover to see her picture because we live in a society where books that could be written by male authors sell better.
    Next, I agree that I was excited to read Harry Potter as well. I have been a fan for quite some time, so I had some prior knowledge. I do believe that Rowling had some ideas of her characters introverted and extroverted qualities so she could add conflict amongst characters. Most authors have a very good idea of their character's entire stories and attitudes.

    ReplyDelete