Friday, September 12, 2014

Reflecting

I think the thing I’ve noticed most about our work this semester is how much it has made me reflect on my own life. Quiet, Winter’s Bone, and Harry Potter have all made me connect it to my own life in one way or another. It started with Quiet for obvious reasons. Susan really asked you to analyze yourself and answer some questions to determine if you were an introvert or extrovert. After a lot of thinking and taking the short quiz I determined I was more of an introvert. Just doing this however, made me realize the difference between myself now and myself a couple years ago in high school. I believe I was more of an extrovert during that time and more of an introvert now for a few different reasons.

Winter’s bone was not easy for me to relate to my own life mainly because mine is very far from Ree’s. What watching this movie did do for me, however, was make me thankful for what I have and how hard my parents have worked to get me to where I am. After watching the movie I tried to look at my life as a whole and it really made me love and appreciate everything I have.


Harry’s story did somewhat of the same thing for me. I cannot relate to how Harry was treated in the beginning but it again made me grateful. Although this book made me think about my life it made me think about my best friend’s life a little bit more. Harry clearly had it rough growing up and so did my friend. I really just think it’s amazing that people can have such a crappy start to their lives and somehow make the best out of it and grow up to be great people. There’s nothing I like seeing more than a person coming from nothing and ending up something awesome because they worked hard and wanted better for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment