Friday, September 12, 2014

Friendship

   The theme I chose to write about is friendship.  In the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone friendship is a key theme.  Harry is a young boy that has grown up without any friends.  He is treated very poorly by his aunt, uncle, and cousin.  When he is brought to Hogwart's he starts making friends and developing trust in others.  Harry's friendship with Ron happens almost immediately.  It takes him much longer to develop his friendship with Hermione.   She actually is very irritating to him until she proves herself as a loyal and trustworthy friend. 
     In my life I have two very loyal and amazing best friends, too.  One I have had since elementary school and one that has been brought into my life through her marriage to one of my family members.  I treasure both of them, but like Hermione and Ron they are very different and all of our differences are what makes our friendships so unique.  Harry learns the value of true friends and learns that he can depend on others because he has never been able to before.  Friendship is something that I treasure and I feel is very important in ones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment