Friday, September 12, 2014

Intriguing Encounters

  While normally I would have found many intriguing encounters this semester. I can honestly say none of my classes are even in the remote category of over lap. Before the semester started I had many odd encounters, that forced me to change the class schedule I had picked last semester. This semester happens to be my second to last semester so sadly I am just down to being able to take classes that hold an interest with me, and a few required classes. I am thankful for the break in themes in classes though, when I was first starting sometimes the themes of all the classes over-lapping I would get bored with it sometimes and have to look for new ways to try and make it interesting when all I wanted to do was sleep because it did seem way more repetitive than any one person should have to deal with. The plus side too most of your classes overlapping is that if one professor doesn't seem to quite drive the explanation home most likely the next one will explain the concept in a way that will just click and you will be able to understand both classes much better. I was excited when this situation happen to me, it ended up helping me way more than I thought it would having such overlap in classes but looking back I was glad I had that for several semesters. I notice this happens more within your core classes, not that it doesn't happen in some gen ed classes

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I think we all have had to learn the same things over and over again. It is true, it does give us a thorough knowledge of it but sometimes you learn new things. It's similar to when you watch a movie for the first time but the second and third time you notice things that you never would have picked up on had you not watched it again. I am a RN working on my BSN and many of my classes have had me relate why general education is so important to the nursing major. I must say I was not a fan of general education classes as many are not but after doing this for nursing I realize there is much more to it than just to get these classes over with. They really do have a way of helping my career out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a set schedule which had to be revised 3 times before i was content with the schedule i have now because of an overlap of work and classes. I Actually had to switch when i was taking Comp 2 because with all the cuts in the business department had to take the courses while they were available. I believe in some cases at some point and time you have to make adjustments that you might not want to make but the way everything happens conflicting with timing forces you to make those moves, but in the end having to make them last minute adjustments can actually help you tun out better.

    ReplyDelete